7 things your mouth can tell us
It's not just what we put in our mouth that has an impact on our overall health, but also what's actually in our mouth too. Excellent oral hygiene supports excellent health for obvious reasons - with a healthy smile, we can laugh, eat, and speak with confidence - but there are also less obvious reasons to make your oral health a top priority.
1. Diabetes is harder to manage when you also have gum disease.
2. Gum disease increases your risk for heart disease & stroke.
3. Chronic dry mouth can result in more cavities.
4. Acid reflux can create cavities quickly - and on the flip side, increased cavities can signal an acid issue.
5. Stress can result in tooth clenching and broken, cracked, or chipped teeth.
6. Osteoporosis can cause brittle weak teeth and a weakened jawbone becomes less able to support teeth.
7. People with inflammatory diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis, are 8 times more likely to have gum disease.
Our caring team is here to take care of you!